Motorcycle owners who wish to secure the ICC/PS Stickers for their old/already purchased helmet may visit the DTI office in Central Visayas with the following requirements:
- Helmet should be in good condition–no cracks and breaks and has chin strap
- Helmet should not be more than 5 years old
- The Helmet should show a brand in it and the brand must be in the approved list
- Photocopy of Identification Card
- P100 for the processing fee and P1.25 for the sticker fee
The prescription to wear the standard motorcycle helmet shall be strictly enforced effective August 1, 2012 as mandated by the Motorcycle Helmet Act (RA10054).
DTI Usec Zenaida Maglaya said yesterday (Jan. 3, 2013) that enforcers will honor helmets bearing stickers of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and the European Economic Community (EEC) even without the ICC/BPS sticker.
Maglaya said they will instruct enforcers to honor the helmets with DOT and EEC stickers since these are presumed compliant to the safety standards.
Several motorcycle owners who owned an imported helmet without the ICC/BPS stickers lamented why the brand of their helmets are not in the list even if it passed the standards in the U.S. and in Europe while there are cheaper helmets from China that are included in the list.
Maglaya made a clarification yesterday during a media interview.
For more info about the motorcycle helmet, read the following articles in my blogs:
- WARNING! Fake ICC Stickers on Motorcycle Helmets
- Motorcycle Helmet Processing & Issuance of ICC Sticker @ the “Halad sa Kapamilya“
- DTI: Motorcycle Drivers Can Secure ICC/PS Helmet Stickers
- How a Standard Motorcycle Crash Helmet is Designed?
- Are You Wearing the Right Motorcycle Crash Helmet?