Good news! The Department of Trade and Industry announces that motorcycle drivers who owned an old or previously purchased motorcycle protective helmet can secure the required ICC or PS stickers to avoid apprehension starting August 1, 2012.
Bad news! For now, motorcycle owners/drivers have to wait for the announcement from DTI when the stickers shall be available for distribution, says DTI Regional Director Asteria Caberte during the DyAB Traffic Summit early today.
The stickers are available at P1.25 only but the motorcycle drivers have to pay the processing fee of P100 upon securing the sticker at the DTI. Caberte warned motorists of the scam selling fake ICC and PS stickers as their agency is filing charges against an individual who was caught selling it.
Most of the available motorcycle protective helmet in the market is imported. Though, according to Director Caberte there are already local manufacturers that passed the standard requirements.
The DTI has listed 49 brands of approved motorcycle helmet. The most popular brand is “Index“. Here’s the partial list of the brands of helmet issued with the ICC mark:
- 2 14. GPX 27. MRC 39. STUDSS
- AGV 15. H 28. NEXX 40. SUN
- AINON 16. HF 29. NOLAN 41. TANKED
- AM 17. HJC 30.PENGUIN 42. TRANSCYLCE
- ARAI 18. HNJ 31. POSH 43. VCAN
- AVEX 19. HONGYING BIO 32. POWERCYCLE 44. VOLTZ
- AXA 20. HPH 33. SA-070 45. WEILING
- BEN-2 21. INDEX 34. SHOEI 46. XPOT
- BIO 22. KH 35. SOL 46. YAMAHA
- CABERG 23. KOR 36. SPACE CROWN 47. YEMA
- CARTING 24. LEV3 37. SPYDER 48. ZEBRA
- EXSOL 25. LEV3 38. ST 49. ZEUS
- GDR 26.LS2
UPDATE!!!! This list has just been updated by the DTI as of June 30, 2012. Check it here.
Here’s a clip of Dir. Asteria Caberte during the Traffic Summit: