- Dual active SIM cards
- both SIM has its own inbox, outbox, and SMS counter
- Dual memory cards (microSD)
- up to 2gb support
- Dual camera (back & front)
- front (.3mp), back (1.3mp)
- camera can be set up to automatically shoot up to 5 images in series with one click
- image sizes: 80 x 60, 160 x 120, 320 x 240, 640 x 480
- image quality : high, low, normal
- Touch Screen
- 240 x 320, 262K, 2.4 inch QVGA LCD
- TV tuner has a fair reception
- though reception on the lower channel is poor in some areas
- FM radio operates without the need for a headset (radio uses the built-in speaker)
- reception is fair
- Longer audio recording
- tried at least 20-minute recording
- choose where to record from either of the two microSD cards
- choose the audio format (wave, amr, awb)
- set the sound quality (high, low)
- Longer talking time (package has an extra battery pack)
- Price is cheap for a full-packed feature-phone: P3,000-P3,700
- Keypad unlocking can’t be unlocked (or at least i don’t know how to unlock). Once the keypad is locked, the unit will turn off after few minutes.Once the unit is restarted, the phone will unlock again.
- Camera is just 1.3mp not 3.2mp as what is labeled on the unit
- LCD screen is not TFT
- Touch panel is not so responsive as those of the branded phones
- Video recording is only at 176 x 144 screen resolution and @ 8khz audio frequency (lowest audio quality). Video setting is only at high, low, normal.
Here are some of the “official” specifications of the X1000 i have found from a website:
Platform : MTK6225
style: Bar phone
Screen:240*320 262K 2.4 inch QVGA LCD
Media format: MP3,MP4,AVI,3GP,MID,WAV,AAC
Talking time : 240Minutes
Camera: two camera. front 0.3Mega pixel, back 1.3M
Support: TP（touch panel），shaker
Support dual T flash card (Option),Maximum support 2GB
Languages: Multi-language such as English, Arabic, French, Vietnamese Thai,Farsi ,Portuguese, Spanish, Italian etc.
Analog signal TV: support NTSC/PAL/Secam
With 2.0 Bluetooth
Speaking service: Supports call waiting, call holding on, DTMF, the quiet, state transition, call restriction etc
WAP Browser :support WAP2.0 ;STK service :support
Assistant tools: FM radio, calendar, recorder, calculator, world clock, alarm,
Accessories: Battery, Charger, Data Cable, Earphone, User Manual
English Packing : 1pc in color box , 20 sets /carton .
MORE MINUS POINTS…. as i experienced it!!!
- After two weeks, I have my battery charger replaced with new one after it got burned while i plug it to the AC outlet and put the USB jack after wards. It seems the USB jack got short circuited into the USB port of the phone.
- After almost a month, i have the unit itself repaired when the built-in speaker (cellphone tech call it–buzzer) has been damaged. The built-in speaker is used for the TV tuner, FM, audio player and most importantly for the phone’s ringer. I go back to my old phone temporarily while my X1000 is under repair.
- The earpiece sounds very static when you receive a call. The audio is so thin. So, i have my PLDT-All Call SIM card back to my Sony Ericsson R300 that gives me superior quality sound during phone calls.
- I can not unlock the phone once the keypad is locked after few minutes. I can only unlock in few seconds after it is locked. I have to remove the battery to reset the unit and open my unit.
- Now, the touch screen is no longer functioning.
- During SMS composition, the unit displays error message and i could no longer continue writing. Maybe some of the SIM cards are not supported by the unit. I kept on changing the SIM cards to determine what SIM card is not supported.
More updates as i experienced my first China phone…