When your RAM is depleted, windows will temporarily allot memory space from your hard disk. Windows call it virtual memory. You can adjust the space in your hard disk which windows shall allot for virtual memory by adjusting the paging file size. Here’s the way:
- Right click MyComputer
- Choose Properties
- Click Advanced Tab
- Click Setting unde Performance
- Click Advanced Tab in the performace options dialogue box
- Click Change in Virtual Memory
- Highlight Drive C… adjust Initial Size and Maximum Size…. If your system has below 512mb RAM… don’t adjust, use the default setting. Otherwise, adjust the initial size up to the level of your Physical memory. If your physical RAM is 2gig… set to 2gig as the initial size… Take note the paging file size is in MegaBytes unit.
- After setting… click ok… and reboot your PC.
Here’s a screen shot of the procedure: