(Note: I have discussed this during our radio program–Hi-tech ‘Ta Bai on August 3, 2008)
1—Ang labing sayon nga paagi pag-troubleshoot sa inyong Smart BRO connection is to use the Smart BRO Quick Fix…
Ang Smart BRO Quick Fix… usa ka utility tool developed by the engineers fo Smart Communications…
Duna nay duha ka versions niini… ang latest—Version 2.1.
SMARTBro Quick Fix
“Check My Connection” (automatically checks SmartBro Connection for problem.)
“Latency Check” (Checks how long data is transferred from your PC to the following points: BTS, backhaul, portal and the net.)
” (Checks the path taken by the data from the specific location before it reaches your computer.)
“Ping” (Checks if a site is reachable or not. Tests the latency of a specific site or location in the internet.)
“Speed Test” (Checks the speed of your internet connection.)
“Announcements” (Receives updated announcement on the latest offerings and events from Smart BRO so you can maximize your Smart BRO subscription.)
“Feedback” (A fast and easy way to send your comments and suggestions to Smart BRO. Help us improve our service and, most impotantaly, your experience by letting us know what you think.)
“Help” (Learn How to use each feature of Quick Fix. Easily find what you are looking for via a menu categorized into topics.)
QFS – Help File
It is the same diagnosing procedure done at the start of the program. It will check for possible problems that are disrupting your Internet connection.
Step 1: Check for the following:
Step 2: QuickFix will then check the following for possible errors:
2- Click the local area connection icon in your system tray.
· Click the “support” tab
· Click “repair” button
· Try if your browser has renew its IP address.
· If yes, try browsing. If NO, proceed to another procedure.
3- Under the “general tab” of the Local area connection status
· Click properties
· (new window/local area connection properties) Highlight the internet protocol (TCP/IP) under “this connection uses the following items:”
· Click “properties” button under the box
· (another window/IP (TCP/IP) properties) Be sure the “Obtain an IP address automatically” is selected. Also, select the “Obtain DNS server address automatically”.
· Ckick OK and try browsing or else proceed to next procedure.
4- Ang laing paagi paagi mao ang pag-reset sa imong Smart BRO connection… Unsaon?
· Pull out your LAN cable from your PC or laptop
· Pull out the SMART BRO adaptor from your AC outlet
· Plug again the adaptor and the LAN cable
· Wait for few seconds or a minute for your Smart BRO connection to renew its connection.
· Try browsing again.
5- If step 1,2 & 3 won’t work, try this.
· Delete temporary files and cookies
· Go to the “tools” menu on your browser
· Click “internet options”. In “general tab” under “browsing history” click delete…
· Click “delete files” button under temporary internet files
· Click “delete cookies” button under cookies.
· Click ok to exit
6- The ultimate step to troubleshoot your Smart BRO connection is to call the Smart BRO hotline from any smart cellphone @*1888 (adlib—select the “pending application” not the “technical problem”