There’s a new app on Facebook, though it’s on Beta launch, that will put the 500 million Facebook users under a state of feeling secure for the least.
Remember what i’d shared here when my Facebook account was hijacked– “Malware Hijacks My FB Account”. Just today, few minutes after it’s being launched, i used the BitDefender safego created by the award-winner provider of innovative security solutions–BitDefender.
According to BitDefender, safego is designed for various social networks and is now being BETA tested on Facebook. Meaning, it’s yet to be tested by us and improvements are to be expected based on feedbacks by its users.
(AFTER ALLWOING THE APP TO HAVE ACCESS ON OUR PROFILE… THE APP SHALL BE OPENED AND READY FOR USE.)
“Safego goes beyond Facebook’s built-in privacy controls” by alerting users of personal information leaks, safeguard against e-threats, and only access safe content.
The sophisticated scanning technology of BitDefender, “checks the user’s privacy levels and identifies personal information that’s visible to strangers. It also scans the user’s wall, message inbox and comments for malicious links and compromised shared content like videos and pictures.”
(BY CLICKING “Scan Now” BUTTON ON THE APP YOUR PROFILE WILL BE SCANNED BY safego AND PROVIDES YOU WITH RESULTS.)
Just like my experience, the link that i clicked had installed a malware on my system that falsely tells FB users his system has been infected with viruses, worms and trojans and the users will be tempted to click on a link that will put the computer on a compromised situation.
Here’s what BitDefender promises its safego can do.
By installing the BitDefender safego app, users will receive:
- Privacy protection – users are warned when they should modify their Facebook privacy settings so personal information isn’t exposed
- Automatic scanning –users simply press the “scan now” button to get a snapshot of their Facebook security status
- 24/7 protection – Facebook accounts are protected even when users are not logged in to Facebook
- Protection for friends – users will have the ability to warn their friends about infected links in their Facebook accounts
(AFTER THE SCAN, RESULTS SHALL BE DISPLAYED IF ANY.)
To start using safego, please visit the BitDefender safego app page at http://apps.facebook.com/bd-safego/.
You will also be entertained by the “Who’s your evil twin?” quiz on the app. My online evil twin is a trojan horse. Yeah, my sign is a fire horse.
- BitDefender safego protects you from Facebook dangers (downloadsquad.com)
- BitDefender’s New Facebook App Warns Against Security and Privacy Threats (readwriteweb.com)
- Security Concerns? Try BitDefender’s New Safego Facebook App (allfacebook.com)